Click to access the login or register cheese
6th September 2019
Belfast International Homecoming Outputs
- Engagement between New York artist Mac Premo and Young Enterprise including day-long visit to schools
- 250 diaspora leaders visiting Belfast staying on average three nights
- John J. Reilly, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs, NY, visited and met with global health care company, Randox, to explore US market opportunities. Discussions are ongoing
- First ever visit by Mayor of Bilbao which has led to continuing discussions on bringing Spanish premier league soccer team, Athletico Bilbao to Belfast
- James Rooney, Boston, initiated a groundbreaking small business programme with MIT involving Catalyst Inc and 10 local companies.
- First visit by Irish American Artists and Writers Inc led by Director John Kearns, leading to new partnership with John Hewitt School. This led to NY playwright Daniel McCabe bringing his play ‘The Flood’ to the Lyric Theatre in Belfast
- Nuala Murphy, Belfast entrepreneur and winner of the Dragons Den competition in 2017 has built links with Mary Ann Pierce, MAP Digital, IBO and IN in New York
- Maureen Bennett, Boston, Partner Jones Days is working with local universities and Ulster Rugby to bring ladies college ruby to Belfast in 2020
- Deirdre Murphy, Attorney, Boston attorney is working with Emmerson College, Boston and Cinemagic on a collaboration
- After introductions by Invest NI, Cathal O’Flatherty, Chicago, is working with a series of local food and beverage companies to exploit opportunities in the US. These include White Water and Shortcross Gin
- Senator Tim Kennedy, Buffalo, NY, met with Belfast Giants and has begun to explore an opportunity to bring Major League Ice Hockey team, Buffalo Sabers Major to Belfast
- NY Assemblymen Mike Fitzpatrick and Mike Cusick are working on bringing a 50-strong business and state leadership delegation to Belfast in October 2019
- Boston’s John Donovan brought an inner city Belfast soccer team, Doyle FC Under 14’s to Boston in the summer of 2019
- Sean Moynihan, Attorney, Boston is exploring opportunities to host a Brassneck Theatre production in Boston in 2020
- The Friends of Young Enterprise Northern Ireland Foundation Inc. has been growing support for the work of the charity in the States. With several new supporters engaged from New York, the charity is building links between entrepreneurs in the States to inspire young people in communities across Northern Ireland to have a passion for business.
- Kernel Capital has introduced public and private investors to start-up opportunities through the Homecoming. New York State Comptroller, Tom DiNapoli, who visited Belfast in 2014, has made substantial investments in Belfast early-stage companies through both Kernel Capital and Crescent Capital.